Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Oh, ye of little faith" + Where can I order new parts?

My sweet husband. He graciously offered to help me paint an old piece of furniture. It's his grandmother's "flour bin" or cupboard. I'm going with "Quite Red" and I must say, it's quite red! I love it. When he began painting, he said, "Are you sure this is red?" Now, admittedly, straight from the paint can, it did look dark fushia, but I have complete faith in the little red dot on top of the paint can. I gave the gal at Lowe's the paint sample and I saw her put that little fingerprint-size dot on the paint can top. I know it's red. I told my husband that he didn't have enough faith and that, yes, it was red. By the end of our painting afternoon, he agreed with me and say I was right. Mark that down - it doesn't happen often. I'm also a very messy painter. By the time I was finished painting, I looked like the victim from a slasher movie.

Then we decided to go for a walk. As we began our walk, I showed him my ring finger that is still discolored and swollen from a fall about a month ago. (Did I mention that I'm clumsy?) He gave me a little sympathy. Near the end of our walk, I experienced terrible pain in my right knee/leg as if someone had sneaked up from behind and stabbed me with a sharp knife. For a moment I had to stop walking because I could not put pressure on that leg. After I hobbled home (I did get more sympathy), I took some Advil, took a bath and went to bed. I could not sleep on that leg and it hurt all night long. Today I bought a knee support wrap for stabilization. While it feels better in the wrap, it still hurts all the time. Does anyone know where I can order some new body parts.......................ring finger and right knee? I'm falling to pieces - body part by body part. It's sad and painful to get old.

No comments: