Thursday, July 24, 2008
Yard Angel
I've got to tell you about my yard angel. The other night we had one of the worst storms that I remember since I've lived here. Unfortunately, we were also dog sitting our granddog who is completely terrified of storms. But that's another story for another blog entry! The morning after the storm my yard looked like the remains of The Battle of Trees. Leaves, branches, sticks and huge limbs were everywhere. You could barely tell that I had a driveway b/c it was covered with debris. I was volunteering at our church's new Call Center (where seniors and others can call for help with minor house/yard work). A new member of our S. S. class called the center to see if anyone needed assistance in cleaning up yards after the storm. Oddly, no one had called the center. I commented that my yard looked like a war zone and I was sure everyone else's did, too, and was surprised that no one had asked for help. Would you believe when I returned home, that man was cleaning my yard! Mind you it was around 100 degrees that day. He hand-raked almost the entire front yard. I helped clear the driveway, but he did the rest. I refused to let him work on my back yard. I figured ole Tommy needed something to do when he returned from out of town! I was completely blown away with his generosity - especially on a HOT and HUMID day. Terry is my Yard Angel. I will never forget that act of kindness and I will try to be that generous to others - however, my generosity probably will stop when the temp is over 75 HA HA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment