Saturday, October 24, 2009

Old Faithful. . . . . Gotta Love It . . . . .

Tom spent the day in Elberton visiting his mother at the nursing home. Then he visited two aunts and from there he spent time at our lake house just relaxing and watching Clemson football.

I spent the day washing clothes, grocery shopping, playing with Darby dog (who is spending the weekend with us), and going to Ab's on the pretense of borrowing something but really I wanted to see Cady & Katie. Off & on all day I've watched college football - one of my very favorite things to do.

When Tom arrived home, I was excited b/c we like to watch football together. We were watching the final minutes of Clemson when we realized USC was on the radio. I sat down with my bright red cd player/radio that I bought to play toddler tunes. I knew the two stations that were broadcasting the USC game, but I could not get a good reception at all. Very fuzzy. Here's our conversation:


Tom: You can't get the game?
Joy: Nope. It won't come in clearly.
Tom: Go get my radio; it'll pick up the game.
Joy: What do you mean, your radio? You don't have a radio.
Tom: Ya know, the old one with paint all over it.
Joy: You think you can get USC on that old thing?

Remember the old radio/cassette player we use when we paint and when we listen to our very old Christmas cassette tape? Read back to my Dec. 16, 2008 blog; #7 of Family Christmas Traditions is dedicated to that old radio.

I quickly found the old radio that still has the same old batteries from last century, still not corroded. Within 2 minutes Tom had the game on - clear as a bell.


Tom: Your radio may be pretty, but it's a piece of junk!!!

Gotta love Old Faithful. He takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. And so does the radio - hearty, ha ha.



You gotta see these precious shoes of my grand:



Aren't these adorable? Red & black, Velcro closure and skid-resistant bottoms. Guess who they belong to: I'll give you a hint............................



"Ultra Paws".........they are Darby's! My granddog!



Sweet Darby is psychotic during storms and rain. These boots protect floors and carpets from her pawing episodes. What will they come up with next?

No comments: