Friday, April 16, 2010

Crosby Miles Rucker Was Born Today!

Michelle's due date was April 25. Chad called this morning at 8am and said they had just arrived at the hospital.  Before going to the hospital, they had to make a stop at his office b/c today he was doing a presentation in full regal attire.  Oops.  Someone else got to be the king.
Tom was on a fishing weekend away and I knew he got no cell service out on the lake.  So I left a message around 8:30 that Michelle was dilated 3 centimeters.  I picked up Abby ("BeBe" kept Cady) and we arrived at the hospital around 10:45.  At 11:00am Michelle was already dilated 9 centimeters!  FAST, huh?  I left another message at the lake and told Tom that he was definitely gonna miss the birth, but to please come on home.  About 12:50 Michelle began to push.  And she pushed, and she pushed.  About 2:00 Tom arrived.  He didn't miss a thing!  At 3pm the doctor decided to let Michelle rest.  The problem was that Crosby was face up and would not turn.  So they turned Michelle on either of her sides for an hour to see if the baby was turn.  A little before 5pm Chad came out and said Michelle was having a C-section.  Michelle was so tired and now was emotional about trying so hard to birth naturally.  But the most important thing was to get Crosby here with both mom and baby healthy.  So Crosby was born at 5:17pm, weighing 7# 7oz, and 21 inches long.  He has dark hair and everyone says he looks like an Italian (his mom's maiden name is Soldano!)  Michelle and Crosby are doing fine.  Both are tired.
Chad called tonight about 9:45 and told us a story that he forgot to mention earlier.  He said when Michelle woke him up early this morning that he had a song resonating in his brain as he slept.  He said, "Mom, guess what song I was singing in my sleep.  It was 'How Great Thou Art'.  I don't know when I've ever thought of this old hymn.  I just know Mimi knew that today I was gonna have a son."  That was a very touching moment for Chad early this morning.  Neat, son . . . very neat!
Pictures will come tomorrow!

No comments: