Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Miss My Computer!

Until renovations are completed, I do not have a computer.  I occasionally check my messages on Abby's computer, so my blogging will defintely take a back seat until further notice.  Since all my pictures are stored on my computer, I won't be posting any pictures of little Crosby.  If you are on Facebook, I do have some on there.  Abby posted some pictures for me.
Update on the house:  For the rest of this week I will be painting day & night.  I have three large rooms, four closets and one long hallway to paint by Friday, because on Friday afternoon the hardwoods will begin to be put down.  Lots to do.  Tom & Matt are installing the hardwoods so they will finish when they finish!  As soon as they are done, a crew will come in and sand the original hardwoods in all the bedrooms then stain & varnish (?) all the floors, hopefully matching the old with the new.  During that time Tom & I will make ourselves scarce, living elsewhere for several days.  Next on the renovation agenda will be to put down the baseboards (which includes touch-up painting) & the "shoe molding".  New light fixtures and new switches/outlets are yet to be installed. And, of course, we will be moving all our furniture back in the house - The Big Move-In!  My desire to be finished by the end of May is questionable but not impossible.  On June 4 we will have been living in a mess for 5 months.  I'd love to be back in a clean, organized home soon after that date.  Time will tell.............. 
And, just for the record, Tom & I are still happily married!

No comments: