I do not like heat. Pure and simply. Hate humidity. This past weekend we went to the lake for a long weekend celebrating Tom's birthday, Abby's birthday and Father's Day. Tom & I took our pop-up camper to use as our 4th bedroom. We let the kids, spouses and grands use the 3 bedrooms in the cabin. Thankfully, we bought a camper with an air conditioner.
We had a great weekend. I, of course, got sweaty many times, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the grands and their parents.
However, on Sunday, during the packing up process I seriously felt like I was near heat exhaustion. When I finally went inside, I drank so much before I felt any relief. I put a cool, wet towel over my head and just sat and tried to "revive" myself. It was horrible.
We've had temps in the 90's since the middle of May. Ridiculous. Today is the first day of summer. Oh, how I wish it was the end of summer. This will be a long, long, long hot summer. As for me, I'm in air conditioning and I plan to stay here until it gets into the 80's again.
Pictures are coming with scenes from our lake time.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment