Monday, August 12, 2013

Am I Lady Grantham or Mrs. Patmore?



Ok, I joyfully admit that I am a brand new fan of Downton Abbey!  I'm late entering this game, but better late than never.  To begin with, I misread the title of this wonderful show.  I read it as "DownTown Abbey".  I mispronounced it for a very long time.  Now I pronounce it correctly and love, love the show.  Over several days I watched the entire first three seasons.  Now I can't wait until January when Season 4 begins.

One night Tom and I had just finished discussing our daughter, Abby, and what was going on in her life at the time.  I decided to continue my marathon Downton Abbey viewing so I began to exit our den.  I said to Tom, "Well, I'm off to "Downton Abbey" now. . . .".  Tom said in an accusatory tone, "Well, why in the world are you doubin' Abby?"  So funny!!!  (He has not joined me in the Downton Abbey world yet.

I love so many of the characters and I'm sad that so many have already met their demise; especially the character who died at the end of Season 3. (I'll keep it secret in case someone reading hasn't seen it yet.)  Some characters I love and some I love to hate.  Some I really get a kick out of and some I'd like to kick in the rear.  Some fondly remind me of my relatives and some sadly remind me of others.  This is a show that has very clean language, except for a mild cuss word here and there.  

I've often thought I'd love to live during the era of Downton Abbey era - early 1900's - of course living in a mansion with servants and all those beautiful clothes, like Lady Grantham.   But honestly, I see myself as Mrs. Patmore.  I'm at home in the kitchen - planning, chopping, sifting, stirring, cooking and tasting.  And, like Mrs. Patmore, I can get aggravated when pushed for time while preparing a meal.  I like to take my time and I like it MY way.  Don't disturb or bother a cook.



So what Downton Abbey character are you most like??

No comments: