Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tuesday Night Supper - A Night To Remember

Last night we had our family supper. We missed Chad & Michelle who had a prior commitment. After Tom arrived home, Mark offered to drive us to a house that he's selling for someone to look at items in the house that are also for sale. Tom, Mark, crutch-walking Abby & I went while Adger, Jane, Andrea & Matt watched Brie & Cady. Believe me, it took four adults to keep up with those two little gals. Brie & Cady are so mobile. You can blink your eyes and they're off in opposite directions. Many times they are going toward something that is a no-no. Just last night Cady was seen putting something in her mouth. I swept my finger thru her mouth and out came a wadded-up, hot-pink sticky note. Where in the world did that come from? Life is crazy with both little girls here and I LOVE IT.

Anyway, before we headed out the door to see this house for sale, I left Matt in charge of taking the chicken out of the oven and putting the bread in to cook. He's so reliable; I knew he'd have everything under control and he did. (That so sounded like the other three are UNreliable; that's not what I meant at all! To be honest, I knew Andrea would be looking after the girls with Jane, Adger would be "observing" the girls, and Matt could easily monitor the food. Understand?)

We had a nice tour of the house and saw a few items we might purchase. As we walked back into my house, the buzzer told us the bread was ready so Let's Eat! We all enjoyed a good meal. We were sitting around the dining room table talking. Mark was feeding Brie. Suddenly, he looked down at the floor under her highchair and thought he saw a biscuit. (We did not have biscuits for supper.) He looked more closely, then noticed something dripping from the highchair. Upon further inspection, that 'something' was dripping from Brie's diaper! EWWWW! What a mess. While Mark & Andrea tried to very carefully carry Brie to the bathtub, I prepared for cleanup duty. I donned my rubber gloves and Lysol and began to clean every inch of the highchair. Then I tackled the carpet. A very fun job, indeed. The only cleaning tool I lacked was a gas mask.

The funny thing was that when I began to clean, I looked around and the only person I saw in the room was poor Tom. He's a real trooper and he helped me. As soon as Mark had discovered the diaper mishap, chairs began to fly and people left that dining room in a hurry. That's the fastest I've seen Jane and Adger move in years! HA HA Thinking back, I should have taken pictures of the mishap . . . . . I could have used them at Brie's wedding rehearsal dinner in 25 years. Just Kidding!

Here are some pictures from last night MINUS the mishap!



Brie sharing a toy with Cady



Mark's attempt to get Brie to kiss Cady. It didn't happen.



Andrea's attempt to change Brie's diaper . . . it happened but barely!


Cady sitting in front of her mommy's healing foot.



Tom trying to get both G.G.'s still for a picture. It's difficult!




Andrea & I were trying to get a picture to see how much taller Brie is than Cady. Brie's legs appear much longer. We didn't get a very good picture. Maybe later.



After Brie's emergency bath, she got jammied up and played with Cady.

We had a great time together as a family. The family that cleans up poop together, stays together!!!




No comments: