My Tommy took a volunteer furlough during the month of July. I am not exaggerating when I say this: Other than Sundays, Tom did not have one single day when he "goofed" off. He worked his tail off every day. He did go fishing one afternoon, but he worked very hard the morning before he left. Even yesterday he worked in the yard. Today, August 1, is the first day since the beginning of July that he has stayed indoors and blobbed around. Does this mean when he retires, he'll be a work-a-holic around here? The guy lost about 7 pounds in a month and he doesn't have the weight to lose. I'm trying and I haven't lost 7 pounds. Of course, I didn't take part in all that Tom did, either. Such as:
- Scraping and painting the exterior of our house (2 coats) - Even though we have a brick home, there is lots of white to paint, including a very high front porch ceiling and four very high columns.
- Scraping and painting the shutters (I did help in this task) also 2 coats.
- Scraping and painting all the exterior windows - 2 coats.
- Cleaning out, washing and painting the garage.
- Scraping and painting the very high swingset - 2 coats.
- Pressure-washing the porch, patio, all sidewalks, very dirty basketball goal, all the brick around the house about 2-3 feet from the ground.
- Cleaned out the old playhouse and his storage room.
- Spent 2 days at the lake house pulling up carpet and painting the exterior.
- Spent 2 days at Mark's laying tile in two rooms and grouting.
Tom's a MACHINE, I tell ya. Now if I can only get him to paint some rooms inside the house . . . . I think not.
(2) An Afternoon DateTom & I love the mountains. Since it was almost the last day in July and Tom had worked so diligently for a month, I told him we should take Thursday afternoon and drive to the mountains & eat dinner out. Of course, we ended up at the Dillard House. We were there 24 hours too soon (or Tom was too soon - Joy was right on schedule). The very next day there was a Bluegrass and Barbeque Festival in Dillard. Right behind the restaurant there were lines and lines of campers with their own BB cookers getting ready for the festival. If we'd only gone one day later . . . . . Tom would have been happy; Joy would have bit her tongue and muffled her ears.
We enjoyed a great meal and then we walked the property. There are always gorgeous flowers in bloom every season we go. This season was mostly impatiens. These pictures are what I'd like my front yard to look like next year.
(3) My G.G.'s visited several times the last few days, once on the same day. I love to see them interact with each other. Here are some pictures.
Being silly with her Papa.
(4) A Terrible Snack Item
If you've never tried Soyjoy Mango Coconut bar, don't bother. It's worse than chewing cardboard. I love soy beans, mango and coconut. I thought I'd really enjoy this bar. Wrong. I probably won't try another flavor. Don't see how there could be that much improvement with any flavor short of all chocolate.
BOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment