Monday, November 3, 2008

Spending The Night With My Two G.G.'s

Sat. Nov. 1

Brie's mom and dad went to the USC game with her Uncle Chad & Aunt Michelle. Tom & I sacrificially kept Brie Sat.-Sun. We had such fun with her. She's at that precious stage where she smiles so much and it just melts our hearts. She's such a good baby. She only fusses when she's sleepy or hungry. My favorite time with her was when she layed on a blanket on the floor. I'd get on my tummy and she'd "talk" and talk to me. She cooes so sweetly. I think we talked to each other for 15-20 minutes. She was so sweet!!!! One time she was napping and I just stood there with tears streaming down my face b/c I am so thankful for two beautiful and healthy granddaughters. I am blessed.

I fed Brie at 9:30 Sat. night and put her in the bed at 10:30. She slept until 7:30 Sun. morning. I couldn't believe it. Actually, I wanted her up sooner so I could play with her! When Mark & Andrea came home Sun. afternoon, they were hilarious . . . they were physically elbowing each other trying to see who could get to Brie first! Fiesty Andrea won that battle. She was so glad to see her mom and dad.

This picture was taken just prior to my teary moment.
Sun. Nov. 2

I spent Sun. night at Abby's house to help in the middle of the night with precious Cadence. She's doing so much better since she's getting supplemental breast milk. A Blessing!! She goes back to the doctor this afternoon to check her weight (she'd lost a pound but maintained that weight for 24 hours). Plus she's still jaundiced and she & her Dad sunbathe three times a day. Hopefully, her doctor's visit will show a weight gain and lower bilirubin count. I'll keep you posted.
My favorite time with my three children was in the middle of the night. This is true with Cadence. I love when her tummy is full, mom Abby is back in her bed, and Cady & I are staring at each other. Her eyes are so dark and pretty. She lays in my arms and doesn't move one inch, but her eyes check me out totally and look back & forth checking out her surroundings. It's a precious time.


I'm headed off to grocery shop for the Ivester's and heat up supper for them. Tomorrow I may be keeping Brie while Andrea has an appointment. I do believe this is what I've been waiting to enjoy for years - grandparenthood. Yippee!

No comments: