Monday, May 18, 2009

The Aftermath of "The Great Smokey Mountain Getaway"

Today I'm dealing with the aftermath of our great week in the mountains. And since we had torrential rain last night, this morning I had the distinct "pleasure" of laying out all the wet and damp articles from our campout. All by my wittle wonely self, I struggled with three absolutely huge wet-heavy tarps, a tent, the "rain flap" of the tent, two rugs, one large piece of fake grass, all the damp & dirty poles & stakes from the tent - and this was just the things outside. Inside I have two sleeping bags spread out in my dining room and a deflated queen-size air mattress spread out in my den.

Now, I know you're thinking "Joy must be ticked with all this wet junk and she'll never want to camp again." Wrong. This is just a minor bump in the road after a glorious road trip spent among some of God's most beautiful wonders. I'd do it again tomorrow even if I knew rain was in the forecast.

Ok, now I need to scoot and fold up the sleeping bags and air mattress so I can walk in my house!

Lovely scene in my driveway

No comments: