
To Mothers Past, Present & Future:
Happy Mother's Day
I had the greatest example of a godly mother that anyone could ask for. She was not only a wonderful example of how to live a life pleasing to God, but she was just a lot of fun to be around. She had the cutest giggle and in her latter years, that was usually followed by . . . er, how do I say this . . . leakage! Bless her heart. She was one funny lady. If she ever got the giggles, she could not stop for a very long time. She'd make everyone else laugh so much that we all had tears streaming down our faces just laughing at her. To this day, our family still talks about Momma (Mimi, the original) and it's always a positive, delightful conversation about her.
I'm not sad today. I'm am happy today. I do miss my mother, but she's praising God and having a grand 'ole time. Can't be sad about that!
I love being a mother. I suppose that being a mother was my goal - my purpose, if you will. I never dreamed of running a corporation or making lots of money. I never dreamed of driving the latest car or living in the largest house in the exclusive neighborhood. I just wanted to love Tom and have his children. I have three GREAT kids. We have an absolute blast whenever we get together. We talk nonstop and laugh alot. I love them so much. I also love who they married. Good choices, guys & gal. And did I tell you that I have two grandgirls!!! Wow, this is the life. I may not have many expensive material things, but I have the very best that money cannot buy. I have the love of my husband, my children, their spouses and two grandgirls. I am blessed and I am very rich.
1 comment:
SWEET post. i love it!! youre the best mommy and mimi would be proud to share her name with you :)
Post a Comment