Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday's Ride And My Random Mind

Tom and I have been discussing buying a pop-up camper someday. Not this week, next week, next month or even next year - just some day. We drove around today at several different RV places. We went to Greenwood and then back toward Spartanburg. We had the windows down with the breeze blowing my hair (Tom's hair is too short to blow in a hurricane). It was a fun day. There were several signs I saw that were funny and a few other random thoughts for the day.

  • On the way to Greenwood, we saw a sign that said, "Youth Free Revival". Mmmmm. Aren't all revivals free? Or is this an Adults Only Revival, thus free of youth?
  • While driving through Hickory Taverns, there is a daycare named "Hickory Tickory Tots". Oh, brother.
  • At the first RV place we stopped, the conversation between the salesman, Tom & I went like this: (Salesman): "Hi, I'm Tom". (My Tom): "Hi, I'm Tom". (Me): "Hi, I'm not."
  • When we were driving to the RV place near I-85, Tom cut through a Truck Stop to get to the road leading to our destination. There behind the truck stop was, not a car wash but, a truck wash. That just cracked my funny bone! Just like a car wash but much bigger.
  • As we were driving down I-85, Tom saw a sign that I missed. He told me it said, "Indigo Bluegrass Festival". Of course, when Tom read me the sign, I didn't know if blue grass was one word or two. So, I asked Tom, "Is this a festival of bluegrass music where you are required to wear indigo, or is this a festival about sod that is indigo-blue in color (i.e., Indigo Blue Grass Festival)? Tom just looked straight ahead and kept driving while he shook his head.

Have a fun-filled and laughable weekend.

No comments: