Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Am Happy About My House

This is an old picture b/c we haven't been Yard Of The Month in quite a while.





I just realized how much I love this old house. There are still plenty of things we need to do to upgrade, repair, replace, etc. But I wouldn't move from here for anything in the world. I'm just sorry that it's taken me so long to really care about keeping it clean and presentable. There are so many advantages to having a clean, neat home.



When I return from running errands, it's so great to enter and think, "It looks so good." Instead of my old thoughts, "Crap, what a mess."



When I get up in the middle of the night (which is almost nightly), I don't hurt myself tripping over things that should not be on the floor. I'm clumsy as it is, so I need a clear pathway when it's dark.



This week my sister-in-law Wendy asked if she could stay with us within the next few weeks b/c she'll be in a horse show in the area. This would save her motel expense plus she could visit with us. Unfortunately, we'll be out of town that weekend, but she's staying here anyway. For the first time in a very long time, I did not freak out when she asked to come. Usually, when I know friends or relatives are coming overnight, I break out in hives and get wet from sweat just thinking about all the cleaning and straightening I must do. This time - no prob, Bob. Everything is clean and neat. I'm so happy. I don't think I'll ever let my house get messy again. I'm probably getting on Tom's nerves, though. If I see something out of place that's his, I say, "Tom . . . the 'peanut pile' must go." I don't know if every household uses this term or not, but according to my brother, his wife has peanut piles that he reminds her to move. And this is so out of the ordinary for ME to ask Tom to clean up anything - he's the neat one of this duo. However, I'm getting into that realm myself. And it feels pretty darn awesome.

Peanut Piles, anyone? Clean 'um up.

No comments: