Sunday, August 23, 2009

????????????????

Have you ever silently asked yourself a question and then later on got the answer at a very unexpected time? I have. . . . .



And for Hispanics . . . . . have you?





Friday morning I met Mark at his office to get Brie for the day. I parked in a location that I'd never parked before. I was, of course, looking for shade because I was a bit early and I didn't want to get too hot. I parked under a tree that was on the side of his office building. As I sat there, I notice a street right beside me. I thought, "I've never noticed that street before . . ." - it seemed to have popped up over night. Not really, but I had never seen it before and I'd been to his office many, many times. "Oh, well," I thought, "I'll ride down that street one day and see what's there." I'll get back to this later.
At church this morning, a lady in our S. S. class mentioned that a little 3-yr-old boy (who had a heart transplant when he was an infant) was going back to Charleston this week b/c he is showing a mild sign of rejection to his new heart. He'll be there for about 10 days. Our class decided to donate some money for travel expenses for the family. I was asked to investigate how to get the money to this family asap b/c they had already left for Charleston. I knew the grandmother of this little boy was a choir member and I quickly found out her name and phone number. I called and asked if she was going to Charleston this week. She is leaving on Tuesday so I asked if I could run by her home and give her a donation from our class. She began to give me directions (apparently a shortcut) and I got confused with all the turns she was giving me. I told her I didn't understand. She said, "Well, do you know where Joy Real Estate office is?" I said, "Yes, my son works there." She said, "Well, there's a street right next to that office. . . . " Wow. I was about to find out where that street went before I had planned on it. How the Lord works.
I visited this sweet lady for almost an hour. We found that we had so many connections with people that we both knew. It was one of those times that you just knew this meeting was ordained by God. What a great time I had talking with her. She gave me more details on her grandson and what's going on with him. It's too detailed to explain, but please pray for Tillman Chesney for the next 10 days as he goes through some treatments to stop the antibodies that might reject his new little heart.
Any more questions?????????


1 comment:

sparrow girl said...

Do you have any updates on Tillman? How is he doing at present? Thanks for any info you have!