Friday, August 22, 2008

Brady, the human dog

Do these names ring a bell? Moochie. Wilby. Have you ever seen the 1959 Disney classic The Shaggy Dog? Probably not. I can't say it's the best movie I've ever seen but it does hold some great childhood memories. Here are some pics from that movie.
That's actually Wilby, the teenager, who was accidently turned into a shaggy dog.

That's little "Moochie" with his dad and The Shaggy Dog

You may be asking yourself why is she reminiscing over a stupid old movie about a dog. That's because I have my own shaggy dog who is visiting for a week. He's my granddog. He reminds me of the movie dog.

This is my shaggy granddog, BradyHere, he's wanting me to get a ball (I keep them on the window ledge).

Since The Shaggy Dog movie is such an old favorite of mine, when I look at Brady I fully expect that dog to speak to me in human words - like Wilby did in the movie. Sometimes Brady will look up at me like "ok, let's go outside and play ball" or "please hug me b/c I miss Mark & Andrea" or "my water bowl is empty - do something".

We're keeping Brady for a week. Tomorrow my friend is bringing her granddog to stay for a few hours. The day after Brady goes back to his home, Abby's two dogs Riley & Maggie will be staying with us for several days. I do believe I've opened a kennel. And did I mention that all my granddogs are indoor canines? I'll vacuum enough dog hair to make my own shaggy dog. But I do love my little and big granddogs. Honestly, though, I'd rather be babysitting!

1 comment:

abby said...

hahaha you are having a kennel, aren't you?! your granddogs sure do love you! :) your grandchildren will love you too :) we appreciate yall's kennel...really-we do! love you, dish!