And guess what? My new camera came yesteday and I'm once again in the wonderful world of photography. I broke my favorite camera at the lake in May and I have been trying to find a good deal since. My old camera has been replaced with a new model. I am so excited! So, if you live in and around my area of the world, watch out. Here I come. I called my daughter-in-law last night and said, "Ok, it's fine to delivery the baby now - I have a camera and I'm ready to go."
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
My Kitchen Angel
Yesterday I went to lunch with a dear friend, Cindy. We talked about everything under the sun including my new vision for my kitchen. I'm all about inexpensive renovation - nothing too drastic that might cause Tom heart palpitations. Presently, my walls are covered with old wallpaper that I painted over about 15 years ago. I am so tired of the sponge-painted look. I told Cindy of my grand scheme and the possible surprise paint job I'm considering (that's for another blog). She said she needed to look at my kitchen to visualize what I was talking about. Later at the house she gave me her thoughts plus an idea I had not considered. Then she touched the wall and said, "I wonder how difficult it will be to get this paper down." Well, before I knew it she was working on that wall pretty good. She left shortly and said, "I'll be back later." Sure enough about 6:30pm she strolled in, work clothes on, supplies in hand and began working like a mad woman. She and I worked until 10:30 that night. Let me tell you how tedious this job is: most of the wallpaper is coming down in tiny pieces with much of the backing still on the wall. Arghh! After four hours we only finished the breakfast room area. The job ahead is daunting but with a friend like Cindy the job is doable. Tom will help with many projects but I'm not even asking him for help with this one. When he came home last night, he was surprised to see the kitchen. He had no idea I was ready to strip wallpaper. Well, actually, I didn't realize it myself. I probably would have chosen to wait until A.G.B. (after grandbaby born), but hey I'm glad it's getting done. Haven't a clue when I'll complete this task, but at least now I'm committed to the project. Here's a picture of Cindy working away.

And guess what? My new camera came yesteday and I'm once again in the wonderful world of photography. I broke my favorite camera at the lake in May and I have been trying to find a good deal since. My old camera has been replaced with a new model. I am so excited! So, if you live in and around my area of the world, watch out. Here I come. I called my daughter-in-law last night and said, "Ok, it's fine to delivery the baby now - I have a camera and I'm ready to go."
And guess what? My new camera came yesteday and I'm once again in the wonderful world of photography. I broke my favorite camera at the lake in May and I have been trying to find a good deal since. My old camera has been replaced with a new model. I am so excited! So, if you live in and around my area of the world, watch out. Here I come. I called my daughter-in-law last night and said, "Ok, it's fine to delivery the baby now - I have a camera and I'm ready to go."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment