Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Water Problems

Don't get me wrong; I'm very thankful for the rain. It's truly an answer to prayer. But I'm having a few water problems.
(1) Last night Tom & I decided to bathe our granddog Brady. He's huge, if you have ever seen him. I was in charge of holding the leash so he wouldn't run away. Tom began by using the spray nozzle, but that scared the dog so Tom removed it. I think Tom forgot I was in close proximity b/c I was as wet as dear Brady. Tom lathered him up and scrubbed that white fur very well. Then he rinsed Brady (and me). Of course, you know what happened next - the great sprinkle from Brady when he "shook it out". Tom then used my hair dryer. It took forever to get Brady semi-dry. He was still damp when I went to bed last night so I put about 5 huge beach towels in our den so I wouldn't have damp carpet.
(2) Don't you just love having a dog, especially when it rains and the dog needs to do his business? That's one thing I don't really like about dogsitting. Brady is so precious, but when he visiting us, he doesn't "do his thing" immediately. He walks around, sniffs, walks around, sniffs, walks around, sniffs . . . you get the picture. All the while, I'm getting wet and his fur is getting wet, too.
(3) I have an infection plus a pulled muscle (yeah, I'm continuing to fall apart!). Last night I almost forgot to take my meds before bed so I got identical cups (one with a small amount of cereal so I had food in my stomach and the other with about a third full of water). I gently sat on the side of the bed, trying not to feel my aching back. I grabbed a cup to scarf down the cereal and I grabbed the wrong cup. Imagine my surprise when I threw water all over myself and the bed! I absolutely cracked myself up. It was the funniest thing! I immediately thought of that funny movie "Airplane" and the fellow with the drinking problem. That was me except I actually threw it at myself!
It's raining today so I may have more water problems to discuss later.

1 comment:

abby said...

ahhhhhhhh haahha i just cracked up-outloud at work-about you throwing water all over yourself. i love it :)