Monday, September 1, 2008

The Mind-Altering Medicine

I hate Prednisone. I realize that it is great for inflammation, etc., but it makes me crazy. Literally, crazy. I've been on that junk for 6 days now. From Day 1, I began to feel weird. Believe me, I've been down this road before and my poor husband dreaded the day I ever took Prednisone again. It's supposed to help my aching back. Yes, my back is better, but it's still not 100%. To be sure, the med has helped my knee problem. But honestly, I'd rather have an aching back and a pounding knee than feel like this. For starters, I'm so dang HOT. I am constantly sweaty and clammy. I hate this feeling. At first, I was very nervous and jittery. Now I'm completely listless and can't keep my eyes open. To say this has been a blah Labor Day weekend is an understatement. Poor Tom. His days off have been filled with me complaining and him freezing b/c I've turned the air conditioner down alot. I took my last pill this morning so maybe good things are about to happen.
We're cooking out with S. S. friends tonight. I'll probably take my funeral home fan so I won't visibly sweat all afternoon and embarrass myself. I especially love my rosy cheeks (thanks, again, to the medicine). Looks like I've been sunning myself. I just hope my mood improves b/c right now I'm not happy.
Let's hope the next entry is cheerier!

No comments: