Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ten Necessities for Knee Recovery

My torn cartilages have been repaired plus some "arthur" has been scraped away. Now I'm in the recovery mode. Yuck. Below are some of my necessities for recovery - all neatly placed on a silver tray lined with a lovely green towel.
1. Crossword puzzle - This keeps me from being so bored with my leg hiked up to the ceiling.
2. Lotion - (It's in the container with red lid - this screams my Mother. Yes, family, I actually cut my Jergen's Lotion bottle with scissors and found lots of lotion from what seemed to be my empty bottle!) Gotta keep those hands soft.
3. Water - hydration is very important
4. Altoids - good breath is essential
5. Ice Pack - I'm a good little patient - keeping the ice pack on my knee. I did, however, have several incidences of leaking ziploc bags. At present, I'm using 3 bags - one inside the others.
6. Remote control - TV watching is vital to my recovery
7. Cell Phone - texting and phones calls keep me in touch with the world.
8. Old-Timey Phone - Keeps me in touch with other old-timey people.
9. My stash of rings - I don't wear rings like most people. I play with them - fidget with them to be exact.
10. And the most important item of all - VASELINE. I'm completely obsessed with keeping my lips moistened. It's a problem I deal with every day. Put me in a dark room with no Vaseline and I'd go insane in a matter of hours.
Today I begin therapy. Please pray for my therapist. I don't like pain and I'm not in the mood to put myself in torture. I'll update this later if I'm physically able to type.

No comments: