Thursday, September 25, 2008
New Cabinet Concept - Openness
Yeah, there's too much emphasis placed on the importance of cabinet doors. Why not just have huge openings? I can reach down and puck out whatever I need at the moment w/o making the effort to open a cabinet door. See my (non)countertop below:
Heaven only knows when I'll actually have a usable countertop again. Could be months. I shall not complain. . . . . or at least not complain too often or too much. This is only half of my kitchen. The other half is still in the original condition. Of course, you need to know that the huge hole represents my (non) stovetop. Yep, I can't cook. What a bummer! But, as my resourceful husband has pointed out many times, "you still have an oven and slow cooker". Thanks, Honey. But, of course, I'm still recuperating from knee surgery. I wonder just how much longer I can milk that medical procedure? I'm actually doing very well. But don't tell my friends who are bringing wonderful food our way. Don't know if it's for me having had surgery or for Tom who has had few cooked meals. Any way, here are some of the great food items we've consumed in the last few days: Roast, brown rice, orange salad, green beans, rolls, lasagna, baked spaghetti, bread, cheesecake, chicken casserole, speckled butter beans, mac & cheese, cornbread, homemade coconut cake, variety of sandwiches from Chic-Filet, chocolate cookies, brownies, chocolate dessert, and McDonald's tea, hamburger & fries (from my BFF). Don't ya think I'm gonna need to go on a straight diet next week? Good grief! I needed to lose weight before this surgery. Now I'm purely pathetic. I've enjoyed every bite so far. More is coming tomorrow night. I may have to consider stomach stapling.......................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha i think by far the best meal youve been provided is the mcdonalds from your bff :) that made me smile hahah I LOVE YOU
Post a Comment