Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where Did 5 Months Go?

I simply cannot believe that June is here. For all intents and purposes, summer has arrived. I'm sure most people are so happy that summer is here. School is out, vacations are scheduled, etc. I wish I loved the summer. I love fall, winter and spring. Summer, I just tolerate. Actually, it's humidity that I cannot stand. I dislike the feeling of walking out in the yard and being rudely slapped with humidity. Ugh. I really don't mind heat but without humidity. I suppose that every June - August I should move to the dry climate out west. Or, better yet, move to the Great Smokey Mountains - far, far up the mountains where it doesn't get hot. If I could take all my family and my friends, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But realistically I'm right here in Simpleville and I'll remain here throughout most of the summer.

As a bear hibernates during the winter months, so shall I hibernate in my air-conditioned home until September.

No comments: