Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Anxious about Aubrie

Just knowing that probably in a week or less I'll be a grandmother is so exciting. What will she look like? Will she have blond hair like her mom or jet black hair like her dad? Will she have really dark, olive skin like her dad or lightly freckled skin like her mom? Will she have mom's green eyes or dad's almost black eyes? Or will she be some wonderful combination of both mom and dad? Some things about Aubrie are pretty much set in stone: (1) She will be beautiful b/c both parents are gorgeous (2) She will be athletic (she won't have a choice in this b/c her parents are exercise enthusiasts (3) She will have a great personality and a good sense of humor (taken from both parents). That much I know. The rest about Aubrie I'm anxiously waiting to find out. I go nowhere w/o my cell phone on the loudest volume. Today I may prepare my hospital goody bag (for me!). It will contain magazines, power bars/snacks, tissue (I will cry), Chapstick (b/c I am OCD about dry lips) and a long list of people to call about the blessed event. Aubrie's grandmother is here from Canada so she and I can further bond at the hospital while waiting on Aubrie's arrival. I'll gladly share my magazines, snacks and tissue with her.
Here's a picture of Mimi's nursery (Mimi would be me).

The small white rocker was mine. Thanks, Jane, for letting me have that. The little red tractor is Tom's from childhood. Isn't that the coolest? I actually designed the room around that red tractor, thinking a farm theme would be good for either boys or girls. I figured between my three children that I'd probably have at least one boy & one girl among the crowd of grands. So far we're at 2 granddaughters in the wombs.

1 comment:

abby said...

i know i see this nursery all the time, but every time i look at it i love it even more! you are so good, dish! :) and your hospital goody bag cracked me up haha. i would pack all of those things too :) i love you, mimi-to-be! :)