Friday, August 1, 2008

Chad, the Boy Wonder

Let me tell you about my oldest son Chad. He has this magnetism with the females. When he enters his neighborhood, the gals flock to greet him. Many times they actually run down the street following his car because HE'S HOME! They practically throw themselves at his feet as he exits his car and they follow him inside. He's quite famous there. Did I tell you he has been married for six years? Did I tell you his female flock are all under the age of 10? I don't know why but young girls think he's terrific. Last night was another indication of his unusual ability to mesmerize girls. Last year Chad went with a group to climb a ridiculously steep mountain - climbed about 8 miles up, spent the night in cabins, descended the next morning down another trail. Among the group last year was a 9-year-old granddaughter of our friends. Chad and Ellie hit it off from the get-go. They were two peas in the pod. I suppose it could be said that Chad has the mental ability to hang with 9-year-olds; however, he also has the ability to crack up 80-year-olds into fits of laughter. He has a very quirky sense of humor.


Last night Ellie, who lives in another state, was visiting her grandparents and called me b/c she wanted to see Chad. We were having a family gathering for my pregnant daughter-in-law's birthday. I told Ellie to drop by last evening and Chad would be here. When that petite 10-year-old waltzed into the dining room to see Chad, she lit up like a 300-watt bulb! She is one of the prettiest little girls I've ever seen and has a personality like none other. As I looked closely at her, I thought, "wow, she's got such gorgeous eyes". Her grandmother told us later that before she left to come to our house, she fixed her hair, put on a bit of mascara and I know I saw some sparkles around her face from makeup. That cracked me up!!!!! She primped for her pimp. JUST KIDDING! It was a precious sight. The two of them plus her older brother went outside to throw balls to our visiting granddogs. We later talked about hiking that crazy mountain again next year. (Chad was unable to go this year.) Ellie asked Chad if he was going next year. He said, "Yeah, I'm going." Ellie said, "Well, you better." I told Chad's wife, Michelle, that she should go, too. Michelle is totally physically fit, but she's a little leery of no showers, no indoor plumbing, etc. Chad really wants her to go next year. Guess who probably doesn't want Michelle to go? I'd place a bet that Miss Ellie is praying Michelle stays home so Chad will be all hers. So, the saga of Chad's female magnetism continues.............


Sam, Ellie and Chad -June 2007

1 comment:

abby said...

i love your blog! seriously-so glad that you started one! :) and this post was so cute! sweet ellie!