Friday, March 6, 2009

Christmas Shopping and "My Eyes! My Eyes!"


Today, March 6, 2009, I can announce that I have just ordered via internet my very last Christmas present!!!! Aren't you impressed? Before you start throwing eggs at your computer, I do need to confess that I just ordered my last present for Christmas 2008. Feel better, don't ya? Let me explain. I did about 95% of my Christmas shopping last year online. One thing I ordered for Matt was a remote-control tent light. The closer it got to Christmas, I realized that one present was still unaccounted for. On Christmas morning I gave Matt a note saying that his tent light was coming soon. It never came. Do you think I thought about it again until recently? Nope. Sweet Matt would never remind me. Thank goodness it did come to mind. So, this afternoon I finally completed my shopping for Christmas 2008. What a relief.
I'm beginning to think my eyesight is going, going, gone. I had an appointment yesterday with my Dr. Handy Andy (yes, I have another sinus infection, but that's another sob story). I have never parked in the spot directly in front of the door. When I parked, I read the sign on the door. I read, "MON THUR FRI 8:30 - 1:00 2:00 - 5:00". I thought to my stupid self, "Good grief, I know they're opened on Tues & Wed. - not just Mon, Thur, & Fri. And I know they have the same hours all five days of the week. Is there a mistake on that sign?" Of course, my cheeks were red from embarrassment when I got right up to the door and realized that the "Thur" I read in my mind was actually "Thru" or through. Am I dyslexic? I pride myself in finding typographical errors. I'm good at it. Goes back to my secretarial days. I did find two typo mistakes on two signs yesterday. However, Dr. Handy Andy's front door sign was not one of them.

Yesterday and today I helped with Brie while Mark was busy and Andrea was sleeping. Brie is at such a cute stage right now. She's sitting up and is so happy. She'll soon be crawling, I'll bet. Here are some pictures of Brie.

Yesterday she had cute rosy cheeks

She watched Baby Einstein while I ate my lunch.


She was in a great mood today


A whole new world has opened up for Brie since she sits up.
(I wish my posture was this good!)

No comments: