Saturday there was another family reunion of sorts. Chad asked our family and Michelle's family over for an oyster roast. For various legitimate reasons, I was the only Rucker that could attend. Michelle's brother Chuck and her sister Christy with her husband Greg were also there. Along with Chad & Michelle's dog Darby, Christy's dog McGruber (sp?) and Chuck's two dogs Jake and Buck. All indoor dogs, mind you. With the rainy weather, Chad had the garage cordoned off to keep the dogs out of the rain. He had 100 oysters to roast and boil. I dare say that Chad and Chuck downed the majority of those oysters. Greg declared early on that he wasn't an oyster lover (he did eat two.) I pretty much knew I wasn't a fan, but I was willing to try. The first one I tried was VERY slimy. Yuck. Pretty nasty. Next I tried one cooked a bit longer and with some sauce on it. It was better but still yucky. Then Chad gave me one that had melted cheese. Much better but that was because the cheese sorta camouflaged the oyster. So I really don't count that as saying I actually like oysters. I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and the company. We had a great time together. I love being around Chad & Shell. Oh, by the way, before cooking we played Mario Cart on Wii (or Mario Brothers Cart . . . whatever). I stunk it up terribly! I was driving on anything but the raceway - grass, the wall, in water, I was even going backwards! Plus I got dizzy driving. I think I'll stick to Wii Rock Bank II and Wii bowling.
Here are a few pictures from yesterday.

Chad's about to dig into an oyster

Chuck has one sliding down the esophagus!

Who could really think this slimy thing is tasty? Well, not me. But apparently lots of people do.
No comments:
Post a Comment