Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Saturday: From A Haven Of Rain To A Den Of Chaos

I love the rain. Rain makes me very relaxed; it puts me to sleep. I really enjoyed the rain over the weekend. Friday night I took something to help me sleep b/c during the last few months, my sleep pattern has been terrible. So I was in a deep sleep that night. Saturday morning Tom woke up and was at Matt & Abby's by 9:30 a.m. to help Matt with the hardwood floor project. I'm sure he told me goodbye, but I honestly don't remember the conversation. Every time I'd become partially awake, I'd hear the rain and turn back over. I didn't get up until 10:30! I never, ever sleep late like that, but it felt great!
Abby took Cady to the doctor Saturday morning b/c she had a bad cough and congestion. Thankfully, Cady does not have bronchitis. Abby asked me if I would ride with her to run some errands so she didn't have to get Cady out in the rain. (Then I was to stay at Abby's and help out with Cady while Abby did some painting.)
Abby made two or three stops while Cady slept in the carseat. I sat in the passenger's seat and it wasn't long before I was nodding, too. Rain does that to me. By the time we arrived at Abby's house, I was about ready to find a bed and snooze away. Was I in for a surprise. I left a serene car and entered the world of ear-deafening noise and chaos! I have never in my life heard so many different loud noises in one place. Here's a list of what I dealt with:
  1. Hammering - lots of it.
  2. Hardwood planks slamming onto the floor above me.
  3. Empty hardwood plank boxes sliding down the staircase
  4. Ab moving and clanging a ladder while she painted
  5. Electric saw
  6. Vacuum attachment to electric saw to catch wood shavings
  7. LOUD compression nail gun machine
  8. Dogs barking (Ab & Matt have 2 and they were dogsitting 1; that = 3 barking dogs)
  9. Phones ringing - my cell which was across the room and their phone, also across the room.
  10. The TV - however, the TV was the very least of the noise.

All during the chaos of noise, I held a sleeping baby. Cady felt bad and she slept through all the noise. I don't know how, but she did. One time when Tom left, he accidentally pushed the doorbell instead of the garage door opener. The dogs went NUTS! It took forever to get them settled down. There was so much noise in that house that I thought my brain would erupt from cerebral overload!

We left around 8 p.m. and came home to a very quiet house where I cherished listening to the rain once again. Silence is golden.

Here are some pictures from the last week.

See Cady's cute knees? That's what my right knee looks like!

Papa, Ab and Cady

My sweet cheeks

Big-eyed Brie with her bunny outfit

She appears to be looking down at the rabbit

Love that face.

1 comment:

abby said...

hahahahah how true-the loudness. thanks again for yall's help..I LOVE YOU