Saturday, March 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • I'm so glad I don't see those little ugly creatures hopping around my house (crickets).


  • Tom's helping Matt lay hardwood upstairs. I'd like some . . . .


  • I need new flops.


  • My desk is so cluttered that I can't see the wood grain.


  • I need a road trip. Anyone?


  • My knee does not like this rainy weather.


  • Why can't our city/state repave I-385? When I drive there, I get severe head trauma.


  • I'm unorganized. I bought a book about organization and now I can't find the book.

  • I'm trying to let my hair grow out. I'm getting sick of the awkward stage. I may get rid of this hair . . . one strand at a time!

  • For a foreigner, the English language must be very difficult to learn. The pronunciation of words is not an exact science. Ex: Why isn't "have" a long A; "save" is? "Hive" is long I, but "give" is not. "Seen" is a long E, but "been" is not. And what about "has" and "was"? And "do" and "so"? "Good" and "food"? "Work" and "cork"? "Pint" and "hint"? Is it just me, or shouldn't all these words rhyme? Random.

I'm about to crank Tom's boat and head on over to Abby & Matt's to watch the hardwood flooring expo.

1 comment:

carrie said...

OK...for good and food...it's because /oo/ can make both the short u sound and the eeewwww sound...other examples book and foot vs. shoot or boot....at least this is what we teach in first grade phonics!! :) All the others, well...I have no clue. But I do agree that it has to be a hard language to learn to SPELL!!!