It's been a hard day's night and I've been working like a dog.
It's been a hard day's night; I should be sleeping like a log.
Poor Tom, Mark and Matt. They have been working like dogs all weekend. Thankfully, today is the Lord's day of rest so these guys could rebuild their personal engines.
Aside from the fact that Tom has been painting the exterior of our house and our garage for the last two solid weeks, this weekend was a new project. Those three guys put in new tile floors in Mark's breakfast room and kitchen. Mark got up the carpet in the breakfast room by himself and also the linoleum in the kitchen. But the glue under the linoleum was another issue. I took these pictures which says it all.
Mark worked so hard in getting up large patches and little bits of dried glue. His hands were so sore the next morning that he could barely shake hands with a client. All three guys took Advil at night for aches and pains. Both Friday and Saturday nights, Tom & Matt left Mark's house at 11 p.m. for the 30 min. drive back to Simpleville. By Sat. night grout had been put in the breakfast room. All that is left to do is to grout the kitchen. Tom & Mark will probably do that on Monday. I believe that Mark is in deep debt . . . and I'm not talking about money.
On the female side of this project, we three ladies had it easy. On Friday, Abby, Cady & I went to their house for the G.G.'s to play and for all of us to eat supper together. On Saturday, Andrea & Brie came over in the late morning for Andrea to sleep (she worked Sat. night) and for me to play with Brie.
Notice that their refrigerator is right next to the fireplace in the den.
Sunday evening we kept Cady while Abby & Matt ate dinner out. Tom & I had such fun with her.
I found Tom's and my old cell phones. When I turned them on after over 6 months, each still had two bars of power. (Why doesn't my cell phone battery last that long?) I found the old charger. Now both G.G.'s have a cell phone that makes noises when they touch them, especially when I turn on the speaker.
No comments:
Post a Comment