Hairdos and my G.G.'s have nothing in common. But that's what I'll be blogging about today. First, let's talk hairdos. Thinking back years and years ago, I don't think that I would have enjoyed life when ladies had to go to the beauty parlor once a week to get washed, dyed, rinsed, rollered-up, hot hair-dryered, teased and teased again, then sprayed, sprayed & sprayed so that a Category 4 hurricane would not disturb the "do". It begs the question, How long will that 'do' last? If done on Friday, what will it look like the following Thursday?
Yesterday, I was with several friends and our older, wiser friend reminisced about the old days and trying to keep her hair looking good for Sunday. She said she remembered that some people wrapped their hair in toilet paper to keep it from messing up while sleeping. (I suppose for the middle-of-the-night bathroom trips, that might be convenient.) Then she said what she did was wear a pair of panties over her hair. Panties! I just about fell off the sofa laughing at the visual I had created in my mind. Poor husbands. What a sight to wake up to in the mornings! My friend (who shall remain anonymous) said one morning she woke up, apparently after a night of tossing and turning, to find her head had worked its way out through a leg hole of the panties! Hardy, HA HA!!
I found this picture of a crazy hairdo that certainly would not work with toilet paper or panties.

His hair could, however, be used as an industrial broom!
Now for the little G.G.'s. I don't have anything particular to say except that they are the cutest little things in the entire world. Here are some pics from Abby, Matt, and Cady's vacation to Litchfield Beach. (I pared these down from over 200 pictures.)

Love that hat!

Isn't this a scream???

Cady & Abby have so much fun together!

Maybe the person with the longest hair should be downwind.

Sweet Cady with her dad Matt
The Ivester Family
She's probably saying, "Enough of these pictures!"
Here are some pictures last week when Cady & Brie visited.
Brie is busying herself with a book.
Both girls want Noah. He's so popular.
Brie is so mobile. She's everywhere at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment