The knee, the stupid knee. Ouch. (Remember this is my "good" knee - what a joke.) Tom & I went to Sam's today to get some things needed at the lake. About the time we got to aisle #2, I considered asking Tom to push me in the cart like a 2 year-old. I honestly was using the cart as a walker. Sad, but true. I finally realized that if I walked in my tiptoes on the left side that the pain subsided a bit. I'm sure there were people behind me giving me some weird looks for the way I was walking. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?
(2) Nutty
Tom has been slaving painting from the roof. Not completely safe, but he's being very careful. A friend brought by a box of pecans today. I love pecans and I thoroughly enjoy freezing pecans and having them on hand during the Christmas season, especially. Unfortunately, these pecans still have a shell on them. Now I know why I have to pay so much for unshelled pecans. They are a pain to deal with. While Tom continued painting, I decided to crack the pecans.
We just have the old-fashioned pecan cracker. I now have a blister on my pinky finger. But guess what? When Tom saw that I had cracked all the pecans this afternoon, he said, "Well, since you cracked all the pecans, I'll 'pick them out' tonight." Wasn't that sweet. Do you think Tom realizes that he's got the more difficult job? I'm just kidding. Tom used to help his mom do this many, many times. He knows exactly what's ahead of him and he still volunteered to do it. Gotta love him.
(3) Colorful
Tom grilled salmon tonight with the Dafoe's yummy "Canadian" sauce. Thanks, Brenda & Denny!! We also had asparagus, watermelon and Tom had a baked sweet potato. When I saw Tom's plate, I said, "Hold on a minute. I gotta get a picture of this. This is the most beautiful, colorful plate of food I've ever cooked up." Look for yourself.
Now for the funny part: Notice the tray Tom is eating on. This is the tray he eats on about every night of the week. Since it's just the two of us, we generally eat either in front of the TV, or like tonight we ate on the patio. I am proud to announce that Tom Rucker eats his supper on a Lady Lovely Locks T.V. tray! Isn't that a hoot? Of course, it was Abby's, but it's his favorite. Personally, I eat from a silver platter. Are you shocked? Hey, don't go thinking I'm a prima donna . . . it's silver-plated, not sterling silver, ok? And it was the original Mimi's. It was a truly delicious meal.
P.S. This is the first time in Tom's entire life to eat asparagus. He's led such a sheltered life. He liked it . . . I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment