I'm in a Bunco group. It's a very laid-back game that we play. None of that cut-throat attitudes in this bunch. We get together for some good food and great laughter. We get very loud - even the quiet ones let out a hoot & a holler occasionally. It's such a wonderful evening once a month. Last night was Bunco at my house. That required me to prepare a light supper and dessert.Remember that great turkey breast deal I got at Publix? Well, I made Aunt Nell's wonderful turkey salad. Everyone loved it, Aunt Nell. After the ladies left, I was straightening up and decided to move the big, glass bowl of leftover turkey salad to a lower shelf in the refrigerator.
Well . . . .
So much for the turkey breast bargain!
What a huge mess to clean up! The glass bowl broke into more pieces that I could ever imagined. I was not happy. It was a real dilly to clean up. And, Tom would have so enjoyed turkey salad sandwiches this weekend. Oh well, that's the way the bowl shatters.
This afternoon while I was cleaning and perspiring like the sole laborer in a sweat shop, I had surprise company. Aunt Jane had taken the day off and had gone to Abby's. After eating out for lunch, Jane, Abby & Cady dropped by. Here are a couple of pictures.
1 comment:
sounds like something that would happen at my house. At least your misshap with the bowl happened after Bunco instead of as you were getting it out for the bunco group to dine on!
Post a Comment