This is my 100th blog. I think that's pretty good, don't you? With some prodding by Abby, I began my blogging journey on July 23, 2008. Some would say that with my usual diarrhea of the mouth I should have hit the 100 mark by mid September. I, of course, don't want to appear to be one who lives on her computer, writing every little thought that enters my small brain. I must say, though, that I really do like to blog. Honestly, it's like I'm writing to myself about what's going on and if other people just happen to read, that's fine, too. So, here's to my 100th of many more blogs!
MLK Day was spent with Jane, Abby and Cady at the Ivester's home. Jane had the day off and we just sat around and watched Cady.

Cady on her first MLK Day
I watched with interest the inauguration of President Obama. Must say I felt sorry for him during the swearing in ceremony. Chief Justice Roberts should have used notes! He blew it. But I guess that just makes it seem more real, not staged or fake. I was completely amazed at the huge crowds that attended. WOW. If you know me, I don't even like to attend a college football game b/c of crowds so I was not jealous of those people. I thought they were nuts. I mean, where were the bathrooms? You'd have to stand in line for hours just to relieve yourself and then you'd have to take off gloves and all the other warm clothing, all the while doing this in a space no bigger than a large box. No thank you. And, by the way, did you see any indication that restroom facilities were available? Of course, they were, but I (in all my weirdness) looked very carefully when the camera spanned across the almost empty "mall" area. I didn't see anything that looked like restrooms. Must have been in the trees. I'm sorry but every time I'm away from home I'm always looking for the nearest restroom (or as my Canadian friends say "washroom"). I know where every restroom is in Greenville County! Not really, but almost. I honestly think I must need a bladder tuck. Ok, too much information, I know. Moving on . . . . .
Inauguration night was the regular Rucker family supper night. I prepared potato soup, vegetable soup and cornbread. Yummy on such a cold night. Here are some pics of Tuesday.

My very first grandchild sitting in a high chair. How Brie is growing!
I especially like the drool!

I just love Brie's wide-open eyes!

Brie and Aunt Abby in Papa's "Slanket"
(And I did turn the heat up!)

Cady all bundled up with her pink Clemson stocking hat (Thanks, Roy & Kendall)
Yesterday, Tom & I kept Cady while Matt & Abby were out for the evening. She was in such a good mood and a real delight.

She's laying on the same blanket that her mom and two uncles once played on.

So precious with her matching sweater and stocking hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment