
I love my life. Yeah, that's right. My life is certainly not perfect - not by any means. I have physical struggles and I have internal struggles, none of which I'll share with anyone but Joy.
Tom and I were talking last night as we traveled from Chad & Michelle's new home. They just moved to the Powdersville area. When Tom & I were looking for a house in 1977, we looked in Powdersville. Tom & I asked, "What if we'd bought that house we liked in Powdersville?" How very different our lives would have been.
(1) We would not be attending our church where we've met almost all of our very dearest friends.
(2) Our children would have been in the Anderson school district, probably attending Wren schools. Not a bad thing at all. Wren schools are terrific!
(3) But that would mean that Chad would not have met Michelle when he was a Senior and she was a Freshman. His life would have taken a different turn.
(4) Mark probably would not have gotten a scholarship to Furman to play football. Through that Furman experience, he got his first job where he met his wife Andrea (Remember she's from Canada. Do you see God working here already?)
(5) Abby would have gone to school with Matt from elementary through high school. Weird, huh? But, hey, they may have never formed a bond of friendship, maybe they would have hung out with different groups, maybe gone to different churches, they may have not been attracted to each other during those particular years. Who knows?
(6) If any of the above had happened, I wouldn't have my two G.G.'s!
I'm glad God put us right where we are. Looking back, it was truly in God's plan for us to have this house. Only through His Grace were we able to afford this house when we were only 25 and 27 and expecting our second child very soon. I'm so thankful we were led to our church. To think that we almost didn't "try" our church b/c of something a former Georgia neighbor had said. We knew immediately that S'ville First Baptist was the place for us.
(7) I'm so very, very thankful that early in our marriage Tom & I planned on me being a stay-at-home mom. He wanted that and I wanted that. Staying at home is not a choice for some mothers and not a possibility for others. I have not and I do not think differently of moms who work. However, this was important to me. I wanted to try to be a wonderful mom just like my stay-at-home mother. We could have had many more material things if I'd gone back to work. But material things were never important to me. Just look at my favorite winter wardrobe of sweats! Comfortable but not stylish. As a matter of fact, we could have had hired labor do all this kitchen re-do if I worked HA HA. Tom probably wishes that as well.
Anyway, that's all I'm talking about today. I love being home, now, with my grandgirls. I enjoy seeing Mark pop in often and Abby's ability to come and blob around whenever she and Cady want to. I have several things I could complain about, but I do thank my dear Lord for my contentment and happiness. Tootles.
No comments:
Post a Comment