Reason: Joy is excited because her knee if finally, and I do mean finally, feeling better! Yippee!!!!! It's the gin and raisins, baby; it's the gin and raisins. I'm a believer! Tom says it's probably just a coincidence that my knee is better. Phooey. My knee has not been any better since my surgery Sept. 22. In fact, after Christmas, it was getting worse and I began to wonder if the surgeon had left a piece of equipment in my knee. Honestly. I was getting very concerned. After taking the gin-soaked raisins for about a week, I began to see an improvement. This may sound weird to you, but yesterday I noticed that I could get up from a chair, sofa and yes even the toilet without moaning, groaning, gritting my teeth and finding something to help me with leverage. Yesterday, I was a regular woman. I got up with ease. PRAISE THE LORD. Until you have problems, you can't really be thankful for little simple things. I am now so very thankful for being able to walk w/o feeling like a 90-year-old arthritic patient. Thankful to be able to put on a pair of socks w/o wishing my arms were two feet longer to make the job easier. Thankful that I can stand and walk w/o looking around for a chair to either sit on or to prop my leg on b/c of discomfort. Thankful that my friend Billie told me about gin and raisins. (Yes, I was completely skeptical, but willing to try it. ) Thankful that I have several months before I have to wear spring/summer clothes so that I can now try to exercise my way back into my wardrobe. Thankful for a husband who has been nothing short of wonderful during the last several months all the while listening to me groan every time I got up and walked across a room. I'm baaaaaaaaack!The Face of Tom Rucker.
Reason: After one coat of primer and four coats of red on my kitchen ceiling, it looks like crap. (Sorry for my language but it could have been worse. ) Honestly, the fourth coat of paint looks worst than the third coat of paint. Because we don't have any ceiling light fixtures at present, I held up a very bright light last night for Tom to put on another coat of paint. He didn't miss anything and it looked like he had great coverage over the ceiling. This morning when Tom looked up, he was not a happy camper. Neither was I. Yet another roadblock with our kitchen remodeling. It's been a nightmare. I called Michelle's brother who is a professional painter. He said that some walls require just two coats of red paint while others may take up to 6. Eeks! Six coats of paint! We've already gone through 2 gallons of the stuff. Chuck also said to use a particular brand, nap and size of roller and try again. So today I'm off to the hardware store again. (When I enter the store, everyone knows my name. Some people think I'm an employee. Some people think I am part-owner of the store. Some people probably think I'm a stalker.) To get a perfectly red ceiling may be the end of Tom, the end of our marriage or the end of my dream for a red ceiling. One thing I do know: if we have to "take away" the red, it's all on my shoulders. Hey, anyone wanna come over next week and paint a red ceiling white?
Reason: After one coat of primer and four coats of red on my kitchen ceiling, it looks like crap. (Sorry for my language but it could have been worse. ) Honestly, the fourth coat of paint looks worst than the third coat of paint. Because we don't have any ceiling light fixtures at present, I held up a very bright light last night for Tom to put on another coat of paint. He didn't miss anything and it looked like he had great coverage over the ceiling. This morning when Tom looked up, he was not a happy camper. Neither was I. Yet another roadblock with our kitchen remodeling. It's been a nightmare. I called Michelle's brother who is a professional painter. He said that some walls require just two coats of red paint while others may take up to 6. Eeks! Six coats of paint! We've already gone through 2 gallons of the stuff. Chuck also said to use a particular brand, nap and size of roller and try again. So today I'm off to the hardware store again. (When I enter the store, everyone knows my name. Some people think I'm an employee. Some people think I am part-owner of the store. Some people probably think I'm a stalker.) To get a perfectly red ceiling may be the end of Tom, the end of our marriage or the end of my dream for a red ceiling. One thing I do know: if we have to "take away" the red, it's all on my shoulders. Hey, anyone wanna come over next week and paint a red ceiling white?
No comments:
Post a Comment