Tom is getting close to the completion of our kitchen re-do. The crowning glory of my new kitchen is the red ceiling. Yes, red. I've always wanted a black and white kitchen with accents of red. I saw in a magazine the exact kitchen I wanted and it had a red ceiling. To be sure that's what I really wanted, I took a trip back in the fall to the mountains of Georgia to see a friend of a friend who has a red-ceiling-kitchen. I loved it. That's all it took. If Tom & I were about to put our house on the market, I'd never do such a drastic paint job. But I figure I'm in my 50's and I'll be in this house until I'm hauled away to a nursing home so I may as well have the colors I adore in my kitchen. I spend most of my time in this room b/c I love to cook. Now it will be even more fun to cook. So, here's to a red ceiling. And, sorry Tom, that it's taking 3-4 coats of paint. Nothing about this remodeling has been easy so why should you have guessed that the ceiling would take just 1-2 coats? It'll be worth the sweat and tears.

My "Quite Red" is quite red!
On Thursday night Tom & I watched the football championship game. While I saw sitting on the sofa, I had a very sharp pain in my lower abdomen. Yuck, I probably have a bladder infection again. I've had that before several times. I felt a bit better on Friday so I convinced myself that I was fine. Friday night I started having chills and I felt terrible. So early Saturday morning I went to the Doctor's Care and the doc said I had a very significant bladder infection. So now I'm on two meds and I already feel better.
I kept Brie on Friday afternoon so Mark could attend some meetings. Here are a few pics from Friday.

I love this of Brie. It's just before her smile turned upside down. If you look closely, you'll be able to see her lip just beginning to poke out and turn down. So precious!

Cady and Abby came to visit with us. Sweet Cadence fell fast asleep on Ab's legs.
Tom & I kept Brie overnight Saturday so Mark, Andrea, Chad & Michelle could go out of town. Abby, Matt & Cady dropped by while everyone was here to get a look at the red ceiling (coat #1). Here are some pictures of Saturday.

Sweet Cady with Aunt Andrea

This is what Cady will look like with blonde hair like her Aunt Andrea.

My two G.G.'s (Cady 2 1/2 mo., Brie 5 mo.)

Pretty girls - all four of them.

Brie was styling with her pink boots and blue jeans.

Auntie Michelle and Brie

Saturday night Brie is happy.

Sunday Chad is talking with Brie before everyone goes home.
So today I went to Lowe's to get another gallon of red paint. I don't usually go to Lowe's on Sunday afternoons but Tom is anxious to finish this paint job so he can move on to the new light fixtures. I'm waiting to show pictures of the red ceiling until all the new lights are up. Suspense, suspense!
No comments:
Post a Comment