Friday, January 2, 2009

Relaxing And Looking Forward To Tomorrow

This afternoon Tom is "watching" football on TV. Actually, he's watching the back of his eyelids b/c he's sound asleep. I'm glad he has these days of relaxation before heading back to work next week and facing the stress of the engineering world.
Tomorrow Tom is having Doughnut Day. About once a year or so he makes dozens of homemade doughnuts. Seriously, they are better than Krispy Kreme. Absolutely delicious! Tonight he mixes up the dough to sit in the frig overnight. Early in the morning he will roll out the dough, cut out doughnuts and let them rise for 2 hours. Then around 8:30 a.m. he'll begin to cook the doughnuts. The only task I perform is icing the doughnuts. I like this sweet job! Tomorrow I'll try to post a picture of his doughnuts. Nothing like starting the new year out with a good sugary treat, huh?
Did you realize that there is a National Doughnut Day? Weird the things you can find out via the internet. In 2008 it was June 6. The Rucker's declare that National Doughnut Day is Jan. 3, 2009!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow for another reason. My sweet G.G. Brie is returning to this country! Tom & I will go there tomorrow to hug and kiss her for a while.

No comments: