Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Finish Line Is Within Sight! ! !

The finish line is so near I think I can see it in the distance. The finish line of our kitchen remodeling, that is. Wow, it's been a long journey.


Remember Aug. 5, when my kitchen angel, Cindy, stripped wallpaper for me?


Seems odd that on that day I did not have any grandchildren. So much has happened since August 2008.

Remember beginning mid-Oct. I did not have a sink or stovetop for a couple of months.


For many years I dreamed of a white and black kitchen with accents of red. Years ago I painted my cabinets white to begin my dream. As my old appliances died, I bought white ones. Several years ago I changed out the knobs on my cabinets and bought black ones. We Rucker's don't do anything overnight. We think and plan. Or at least Tom does. I patiently wait til Tom gives me the go-ahead to begin. Finally, the big change was the black granite countertops. And the crowning glory is my very red ceiling.

Well, I documented Tom's last coat of red paint!


He let out a big hallelujah when that last coat of 7 was completed. (1 coat of primer and an astonishing 6 coats of red)

And I LOVE my kitchen


This picture didn't turn out very bright but you get the picture (pun intended)



Believe it or not, we'll still not completely finished. Tom has some tiny molding to apply around the granite backsplash. I first must prime and paint the molding. Then my job begins which is to repaint the cabinets (some just need a touchup), the doorframes, the breakfast area wainscoting and windows. THEN the job will be completed. Whew! It's been a crazy few months. And in between those 5 months, I became a grandmother twice!


Here are a couple of pictures of my G.G.'s during the last few days.

Bright-eyed Brie spent Sat. afternoon with us.



Tom rocked Cady to sleep. I asked him if she could breathe and he looked at me like I had two heads.


Shhhhh! Don't tell Tom but I already have other ideas of "minor" remodeling. My mind is just racing. Tom said recently that he's taking a year off from any future projects. Hmmmm, he must be reading my mind. I'll keep you informed if I wear him down any time soon.

No comments: