Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let There Be Light!

5:00 a.m. - deafening silence. We live in the city. We always have nightlights glowing and white noise throughout the night. We immediately knew that, once again, we were without power. Don't know why, but if our city gets even the most remotely odd weather, our street loses power. You can count on it. The only period of time we did not lose power was when Mom and Dad lived with us. God was truly watching over us b/c we needed power for heat and for mom's breathing machine. But since then, we lose power fairly regularly. I could not go back to sleep this morning so I got up and lit candles.

Above my fireplace - very surreal


Soft glow of candles in my kitchen.

When I still didn't have power at 8am, I decided to do what every bored housewife does - go to Walmart! Then I called my home to see if the answering machine picked up meaning the power was back. Nope. So I sacrificed my time and spent most of the day at Abby's. What fun! Just hanging around and playing with Cady. Of course, I forgot my camera today. Oh, well. Finally, some time after lunch, my power came back on. There was also a big tree that fall on my street, blocking the neighborhood for several hours. This, however, had nothing to do with our power outage. Still don't know what that was all about.

Yesterday, I kept Brie while Andrea worked and Mark had meetings.

She was in the best mood when I brought her in from the car.

Brie, sitting in her bumbo, sucking her fingers.


Brie trying to get Cady's attention


Cady & Brie get reacquainted

Tuesday also marked the return of the Family Tuesday Night Dinner. With the kitchen remodeling (which is still not complete), I temporarily suspended this weekly gathering. Last night's crowd was slim for various reasons, but those in attendance had a great time.

Aunt Michelle and Uncle Chad with Cady


I do believe Cady was flirting with Uncle Chad


Cady's hand in mine


Love those dark eyes

No comments: