Monday, February 9, 2009

I AM SOOOOOOOO MAD!


I'm mad as a wet hen. I could spit nails. I had a phone encounter with a witchy receptionist just a while ago. Apparently, she did not hear Randy's sermon on doing everything in love. She was so very rude. Going back a few months, I had an appointment with my gyno in October. As time drew close to the date, I realized that I could not put my feet in those stirrups if my life depended on it (sorry, guys). I called and made an appointment for November. Well, in November my knee was no better so I called and made an appointment in January. Every appointment was on a Friday because that's the only day my doctor is in the local office. The beginning of the week for my January appointment, I found out I needed to keep Brie. No problem. I just called again and rescheduled for February; besides, my knee was still swollen and difficult to bend. This morning I talked with Mark and I need to keep Brie on Friday. Now I'm realizing that Friday is not going to be a good day for doctor's appointments. No problem. I can go to either of the other two offices. I called this morning to reschedule yet again. The witch said, very rudely, "This is the fourth time you've cancelled." I said, "Yes, I know." I wanted to say, "Listen, you stupid ignoramus. It's none of your stinking business how many times I've cancelled. It's your job to give me another appointment, not to judge me." I then told Miss Thang that Fridays were not good days for me right now and that another day would be better. She said, even more rudely, "Well, that's the ONLY day your doctor is at this office." I said, "Fine, I can go to any of the offices." I wanted to say, "Girlfriend, you are making me so mad! Don't get an attitude with me!" Then she said, with a major attitude, "Then, what day can you come?" I said, "I think a Monday or a Tuesday would work for me." I wanted to say, "Tell me what's available, you weirdo!" I now have an appointment Monday morning. I said, "Thank you very much." I wanted to say, "I'm appalled at how you treated me. I shall report you to your superior. Plus you made my blood pressure shoot up, you do-do bird! And you better be glad that I don't cuss or I'd really have let you have it!"

Maybe I should report to her superior. Maybe not. But I do know that my Superior would not have been happy with me if I had said what I really wanted to say. Looking back, I probably could have let her know in a nice way that she was plain 'ole mean, but that's just not how I work. But I doubt she saw Jesus in me today. From her attitude, I'm wondering if she's ever heard of Him.

No comments: