Monday night my brother Adger took Abby and I out to eat. He had received an unexpected check in the mail and he wanted to eat at Ruth's Chris. We were the lucky ones to accompany him. Wow! The only think I didn't like about Ruth's Chris is the name. Try to say that 5 times in a row. It's not the most mouth-friendly name for a restaurant. Tom & I don't normally go to highfalutin restaurants. Actually, we never go to highfalutin restaurants! We're more the Cracker Barrel and O'Charley's restaurant goers. On special occasions we'll go to a nice seafood place (not Bone Fish Grille). But I guess we're just too cheap and frugal to spend lots of money on food. So I was thrilled to go to a fancy place last night. Good grief. It's difficult to describe our experience. When we sat down, the waiter knew Adger's last name and called him Mr. Moore. I've never had a waiter do that. We had two waiters - one male and one female. We also had no less than four other staff who performed various tasks. One was in charge of keeping us with fresh tea glasses. Another kept fresh bread coming. Another would sneak in and grab any dirty dishes, etc. w/o us even noticing. I honestly remember 6 different people coming to our table. Not one was disruptive. I think they must have been trained to become almost invisible during their tasks. Our main waiter came around several times and used a fancy scraper to remove any crumbs from the table. Any time we left to use the restroom the waiter quietly came and refolded our napkins to perfection. Now, to the food. My goodness. Heaven on earth. My ribeye was the most tender, most flavorful piece of meat that I've ever consumed in my entire life. We ordered three sides (sides come in large portions on platters) that we shared. We had asparagus (well, Abby & I had asparagus), onion rings (Adger's choice) and garlic mashed potatoes. Awesome. I did not have a salad b/c my system can't handle lettuce yet, but Abby said it was the best salad she'd ever had. The meal was just terrific. The experience was so wonderful. Thankfully, I did not have to pay for it or the experience would have been dampened. It's quite pricey! Everything is a la carte which to me means it all adds up to big bucks HA HA.
But if you want to have a very nice special-occasion meal, I highly recommend Ruth's Chris. Thanks so much, Adger!
No comments:
Post a Comment