Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

Tuesday night supper, I thought, was going to be one of the more well-attended supper in a few weeks. However, as the hours passed, people began to drop like flies. Tom was much later than expected leaving from Virginia and he did not arrive home until after 8 p.m. At 6:20 I called Jane to see where she was. She didn't get my email about supper and she was eating out with a friend (she did come by to see us). Chad called and he was working late. Since they live 30 minutes away, Michelle just stayed and ate a late dinner with him. Our number dwindled but those in attendance had a great time. I had a new recipe from our church cookbook. It was Company Chicken by Rhonda Orr. I highly recommend this dish. The fam loved it.

As we sat back and watched the little girls play, I began to see a pattern forming. Now, granted, Brie is very mobile and Cady has mastered sitting only. But I began to see what their interests are. Cady loves dogs. As a matter of fact, the other day I scooted into the bathroom just a few feet from Cady (who was sitting on the floor); when I returned, Maggie dog was kissing her on the mouth and Cady loved it. YUCK! Besides dogs, Cady loves music. Last night she tried her hand at the xylophone for the first time. It's a 1970's xylophone. Cady went absolutely nuts banging and banging on it. Wish I'd grabbed my camera but we were all laughing at her. The more she banged, the more she smiled and laughed. It was so precious.


I ordered this from ebay; it's just like the one my kids played with.
After playing, Cady decided to eat the string of the xylophone.
I think Miss Cady may be very musical. Her mom sings and plays the guitar & piano. Matt plays guitar, drums and probably others I don't know about. I sing to her every time I'm around her and she loves it. She may be taking after her parents.


Miss Brie is chewing a toy, but look what's in front of her. . .




She's taking everything out of Andrea's purse. She went straight to the credit cards!
Do ya think that Miss Brie might like to shop? She loves cell phones, shoes and purses. Does she remind you of anyone????
Ok, I'm kidding. Brie is mobile and if Cady crawled, she'd probably be in Abby's purse, too. I'm just joking around. However, I do think it's interesting that all baby toys are in primary colors - to catch the attention of babies. Then why is it that they always go for black/gray items like TV remote controls, cell phones, cordless phones, etc. These girls can be completely surrounded by bright-colored toys and they'll go for a non-toy item that's nearby. I'm just saying . . . . .
Here are some pictures from last week:

Look at those front "pegs"! (For explanation, see earlier blog)


Miss Happy-Go-Lucky


Mark put Brie on this riding toy. She's thinking, "What is this thing and what do I do with it?"


My little G. G.'s . . . so precious.


I love their "juiciness"! (see earlier blog for this explanation, too)


I recently fed Cady carrots while Abby grocery shopped. This is PRE-feeding.


And I've always prided myself in being able to neatly feed my girls. Not that day!

No comments: