This morning Tom came in the bedroom as I was getting ready and said, very sadly, "I'm not getting good reception on the radio in the kitchen and I can't listen to my music." Sorry, Tom, and there are such few things that you really, really enjoy.
Several minutes later I entered the den and this is what I found:
I think I'll ask him to use the headphones every Sunday so I don't have to listen to the bluegrass.
I said to Tom, "Listening to your bluegrass music?" He sat up and said, "Gospel bluegrass". Oops, excuse me!
I know this is wrong of me, but when I hear bluegrass music, all I can think of is the 1972 movie, "Deliverance". If you've seen this movie, then you know why I get queasy just thinking about the it." (Poor original Mimi thought this was a religious movie.)
Bluegrass music conjures up images in my mind of hillbillies, in general. Especially, hillbillies with toothless grins.
I'm gonna try to be better about my mental images. All rock music isn't "drug" music like my parents thought, so all bluegrass music isn't hillbilly music. I get it. But it's just hard to get that out of my mind. Tom sure isn't a hillbilly and he loves the music. Sorry if I've offended anybody. I'm trying to change. Really I am.
So, here's to Bluegrass Music, Gospel and otherwise. May your twangy music rock my world one day.


1 comment:
that is the curest pic of daddy. just precious. and mom-you need to be a writer, you crack me up!
Post a Comment