Saturday, June 27, 2009

Roadtrip To Stone Mountain

At 8:15 this morning Tom & I left for a roadtrip to Stone Mountain, Georgia. Tom's sister Joan and her husband Carey live there. Joan's daughter Mary is visiting from Nashville, Tenn. with her husband and baby Charlie. We had not met Charlie so we were very excited about visiting with them.

Chris, holding Charlie, and Mary



Joan is famous for dancing and singing to babies. She's entertained both Cady and Brie this way. Here she is dancing & singing with Charlie. He loved it.

Great Uncle Tom holding Charlie


Charlie is going to be a blond. He's adorable. He'll be 6 months old next week. He was 5-6 weeks premature, but he's healthy and got some "juicyness" about him. Wish my little grandgirls could have gone with us. What a good time they would have had with Charlie.
Joan fed us some delicious food for lunch. Joan once had a TV cooking show. Both she and her husband are great chefs. She also gave me a new cookbook and I'm excited about getting new recipes. I'll let ya know if I find some good ones.

It's almost 7 pm and I haven't a clue what's for supper. Tom's asleep on the sofa. Apparently, hunger has not hit him. If he doesn't wake up soon, I'll be out of the mood to eat. JUST KIDDING.
Tomorrow we are eating lunch with Mark & Brie at a restaurant nearby, then we get to play with Brie while Mark shows some houses (while Andrea sleeps). Looking forward to Sunday . . .

No comments: