Monday, April 13, 2009

I Need A Second Pair Of Eyeglasses

Why, oh, why did I place my eyeglasses on the dark red sheets on my bed, making it difficult to see them - especially when my vision was fuzzy w/o the glasses on my face? All it took was a plop on the bed with my rear and I knew I'd sat on something that should not have been there. My stomach turned upside down as I realized what I'd done. I was so vision-impaired w/o my glasses that I could not fully see how damaged they were. I knew one lens was out, it looked like a teeny, tiny screw was out and it was obvious one arm of the glasses was askew. Jeepers creepers. Monday I had to go to the eye doctor. Not in my plans.

So bright and early this morning I drove the dreaded 1 1/2 blocks to the doctor's office. I was praying that I had not totally ruined my glasses. Within 10 minutes, the lady came out with my glasses as good as new! Hip, hip, hooray! I can see!!!! Now I realize that I need a second pair of glasses for emergency. What if I'd been on vacation or it was during a long holiday? I'd be up the creek w/o a paddle. But who has several hundreds of dollars sitting around for a new pair? I may have the money, but I don't think I want to spend it on a pair of glasses right now. Guess I'll just have to be more careful.

Note to self: At night, put your glasses on the bedside table where they belong - not on the sheets of the bed, you stupid idiot.

No comments: