Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Random. . . Very Random

Random Thing #1


This will come as no shock to you . . . I HATE SQUIRRELS! Look what they did to one of my bird feeders.

The piece hanging down is one side of the feeder.



You can see where squirrels have chewed it all to pieces.

Someone else who hates squirrels is Brady dog. I love that dog. Mark has taught him to have a true hatred for the animal. When he sees one thru our glass door, he goes ballistic. I'll crack open the door and he just bolts 90 miles an hour straight to the squirrel. I'm sure that Brady scares them slap to death. Here's one that just gave up:


"Ok, Big Guy, I give up."


Random Thing #2

My friend Ginger texted me Sunday afternoon and said, "Happy Easter, thanks for the thoughtful candle." I read the message on Monday. I wrote back, "Happy Monday. What candle?" Ginger doesn't know another "Joy". Some nice person (can't say it was me) left a beautiful candle along with a very sweet note signed "Joy". That person also left one for her daughter Courtney and her husband Allen, along with another very sweet note. Now I'm wondering . . . do I have a split personality? Did she commit a random act of kindness and not tell me about it? I'm just saying . . . . . . . .


Random Thing #3

I had lunch with a couple of ladies today. We talked non-stop for over 2 hours. It quickly became evident that we were putting a whole new spin on "Trash Talk" or "Gutter Mouth". Here were some of the subjects that were discussed during our meal: hemorrhoids, roaches, dripping blood, and flicking boogers. Nice. Great meal-time conversation. I think I need new friends. But at least they don't cuss.


Random Thing #4

I was flipping through a new magazine this afternoon. I came across the ad below and I busted out laughing!!!!

Raise your hand if this is true!! HAHAHAHA
After reading this ad, I needed to run to the bathroom!


Random Thing #5

Jane, always the one to do things well in advance, picked up her tax returns from her accountant today. (Plenty of time, Jane, plenty of time) This accountant is a friend from way back. She actually used to help keep Abby in childcare at church. She told Jane something that happened with Abby years ago. She was telling the little children about hunger - and that not all kids have enough to eat. Abby raised her hand and told her that her Mommy often puts her to bed hungry. I'm surprised Social Services didn't come knocking on our door.

This led to some other funny childhood happenings. Abby said her great friend Meghan had a vivid memory of Abby, actually one of the first times she was around Abby. They were in 3rd grade Sunday School and I was the teacher. It was Christmas time and I said, "Can anyone tell me where Jesus was born?" Abby, being the smart child of the teacher, raised her hand and said, "In da hay." HA HA HA HA HA HA

This led me to remember my days of being a preschool teacher at church. Here are a few memorable incidences:

  • Derrick - We were teaching them to say their address & phone number in case of emergency. I went around the room asking different ones if they could say their address. When it came time to ask Derrick, he replied in a "manly" voice, "I am a BOY. I don't wear a DRESS!" I'm sure I laughed.
  • Carson - He told me his mom had "bracelets" on her teeth. (braces)
  • Brady - He said to me one day, "Mrs. Wucker, do you know what I'm NEVER supposed to say at Nursery School? I'm NEVER supposed to day 'What the Hell is going on around here' at Nursery School, Mrs. Wucker. I'm NEVER supposed to say that." I about wet myself!

Random Thing #6

To end the day we drove to Abby's to see the new hardwood floors/stairs that Matt has been working on for several weeks. Beautiful, Matt! They also have a new "toy".



Abby's dream has come true. She's a stay-at-home mom with a golf cart! This afternoon Abby, Matt & Cady went on a very long ride around the neighborhood. Tonight she took me on a ride, then she took Tom on a ride. When she & her daddy got close to their house, the battery started to die. They barely made it back. How funny it would have been to see Tom pushing Abby and a golf cart.

Enough Random Things for one day.

No comments: