Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Awesome Attic

Tom & I had so much fun in the attic on Thursday, we did it again on Friday. We spent a few hours organizing and filtering through my Christmas, Fall, Spring, and other special decorations. If you don't know, I have tons of, especially, Christmas decorations. It took a long time. Tom added more flooring in the attic to better organize our things. It's so awesome. We have different zones in the attic for toys, camping equipment, decorations, luggage, etc. Every storage bin is labeled with the contents. Many things are hung on nails from the rafters to keep floor space open. Tom even vacuumed the floor. (Suddenly, I'm fearful that everyone reading this has totally perfect attics and you are thinking that I'm so lame . . .) Oh, well. I'm happy.
Over the weekend, we even took Mark and later Abby to see our space. I'm sure they were thrilled to climb up the stairs and look at an attic, but they honestly seemed happy for us. Actually, they are happy for themselves. My children won't have to go through that JUNK if something happens to Tom & I. That's why they were happy.
Tom & I took a huge truck load to Goodwill. Then we took an even larger truck load to the dump. The problem now lays with what we brought down from the attic for me to clean up for my grands. Unfortunately, I now have several boxes of toys in the den waiting for me. But just wait until I tell you in another blog about my new plan to organize my entire house. I'll tell you after I've mastered the plan, just in case it doesn't work or (more likely) that I get lazy. I know you are waiting anxiously for this blog. Stay tuned!

No comments: