Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've Been "Stickered"

This weekend I noticed a sticker on the back window of my SUV. I looked closely and it was a sticker a little larger than the size of a quarter. It was in black and white - a foot with something on it, I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. My immediate thought was CHAD, the prankster. He's the one that is usually to blame for mischief around here. I told Tom, "There goes Chad again. I'll have to ask him what that sticker means." Then I forgot about it.


Yesterday, I came home from running errands and found another sticker on my back door, just above the deadbolt lock. It was NC in their college's blue color. That's when it hit me. That stupid black & white foot sticker on my SUV was a Tar Heel. NANCY PUGH! She's the culprit. I looked around in the garage and found another sticker on my extra refrigerator. This one was the foot with tar but in North Carolina colors. If you keep up with college basketball, you are well aware that last night N.C. was playing for the national championship. Nancy was not about to let me forget that.
Tom just called. This morning he found a sticker on his truck mirror.







My poor, little rusty refrigerator . . . further marred with a Tarheel



Nancy isn't just a Tarheel basketball fan. She literally works her life around any, & I mean any, basketball game during March Madness. She watches any and all. She parks herself in front of the TV and only leaves when nature calls. I have known for years that during March Madness, I have lost a friend. This March Madness actually turns into April Aggravation for me, b/c it has just ended on April 6.

Nancy has the most beautiful blue eyes . . . just like the Tarheel blue. I swear I think her blood is probably blue. She's a very rabid fan. I was sorta hoping N.C. might lose just so I could rag her, but honestly I don't care who wins. I am a HUGE college football fan. But I don't care for college baseball because that sport is such a yawner. I don't care for college basketball unless it's the last 2 minutes of a nail-biting game. Do you know why my daughter-in-law Andrea won't watch any basketball game? She can't handle the sound of the players' "squeaking" sneakers. Isn't that a hoot? But ya know what? After she told me that, the sound drives me crazy, too.


I don't have access to any Georgia Tech paraphernalia. Nancy has an advantage b/c she frequently goes to N.C. to help with her parents. I'd love to give her a good dose of Yellow Jackets. Who cares if they've never won a championship (or at least not that I can remember). Who cares that they don't have the reputation of being consistent conference champ contenders. Tom graduated from Georgia Tech and a Yellow Jacket fan I am.


Oh, another thing about Andrea . . . this is really funny. Mark graduated from Furman and still supports them, but he has always been a huge Clemson fan. Andrea graduated from USC Aiken, but as far as being a big Gamecock fan, she is not. However, she told Mark that she liked USC's colors better than Clemson. Not many people look good in orange. That's so funny, Andrea! Actually, I prefer Georgia Bulldog colors, red & black. But after living in Elberton, GA., with their rabid fans and seeing how they turned on Tom when he chose to go to Georgia Tech . . . well, let's just say I am not a fan. If you are reading this and you are a Georgia Bulldog fan, good for you. Everyone must have their loyalties. Mine is a buzzin' Yellow Jacket! Support the college sports of your choice. Just don't be mean.







No comments: