Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cady Is Home!

Wahoo! Cadence Grace has come home sweet home. Honestly though, there were moments when we all thought she'd never be released. Dismissal was a VERY long, drawn-out process. Talk about over-stimulation! It seemed that all at one time Abby and Matt were trying to listen to the Birth Certificate lady, the two photographers taking Cady's hospital picture, her lactation consultant, the transportation coordinator, the transport guy, and last but certainly not least her long-winded nurse. Talk about detail!!! At first, when the nurse began her dissertation, I thought, "Good, she's giving great information". Later, I thought, "She's certainly detailed-oriented". Abby looked at me one time as if to say, "Please get a gun and put me out of my misery!" After twenty-five minutes, I thought, "Anyone got an extra sock to stuff in her mouth?" Then the inevitable happened. I got tickled. Have you ever in church when you found yourself about to laugh and as hard as you tried, you could not stop? Well, that was me today. At first, I tried to stifle my giggles. Then, when I snorted, I excused myself to the bathroom down the hall. While I was in the bathroom, I texted Matt a picture of me silently screaming. Just as I walked back into the room, he was looking at the text picture. He almost had to leave the room! I thought, being a mature(?) adult, I should be able to compose myself. Well, that nurse just kept yacking and yacking endlessly with lots of useless information. She practically read every line of all 20 pages of who knows what. I sat down on the bed with my back to the nurse and my face to Matt's mom Brenda. Well, my giggling got worse and it was contagious - Brenda caught it. She had to leave the room and I followed. We tried not to disturb the entire sixth floor but we burst out laughing uncontrollably. Whew, it was good to get it all out. Luckily, the nurse knew nothing about our outburst.
Here some pictures of today as Cadence, Abby & Matt are getting ready to go home.

This reminds me of a pose of Brie!


Would you look at all the stuff they brought to the hospital? It looks like they're returning from a two-week vacation !


Sweet Ivester family buckled and ready to go!!!!

No comments: