Monday, October 20, 2008

Honey, I Shrunk The Sink!!!!

Again, look what my life has come down to. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for (1) a husband willing and able to do home remodeling, (2) my knee feeling better today so that I cooked a meal, (3) the fact that I don't solely rely on my kitchen sink to wash dishes. Let's explore that last #3. I do have a sink in the laundry room which is located just beside my kitchen. However, as you can see from the picture below, the sink is mighty small! It won't even hold a regular-sized saucepan.
My laundry room is not very large. I cleared out some junk to create a place to drain dishes. If you have been unlucky enough to see my laundry room, you'll be amazed that I completed this fete. However, tonight when I washed what few dishes we had, I felt like King Kong washing dishes in Fay Wray's apartment sink! And to make matters worse, I had a crockpot dinner and I forgot to put in the liner which means I must soak that sucker and wash it later. But where? It simply will NOT fit in the sink. Yes, I could use the tub in the bathroom, but something about washing dishes in my tub just totally creeps me out! We do, indeed, have an antique tin wash tub. Hmmmmm, maybe ole Tommy Boy will have to get that tub for future dish washing.

No comments: